Re: Luff tape size for main and mizzen?

Dave_Benjamin

We've built sails for Nirvana furler equipped Amel's and used a #10H tape. I carry a full range of luff tape samples with me so I can verify the size. I've seen some Amel sails built with smaller tapes.

I usually specify a Sail-Kote treatment at our production loft for any in-mast furling sail. A secondary advantage of the treatment is the furler motors don't have to work as hard. I like to build the sail with the reinforcement patches on the side of the sail opposite the extrusion. Helps the sail furl up easier.