New to the Amel group and yahoo mail

Ken Simons <svmakai007@...>

Hello my friends,,,,, Same letter just changing the subject.....

Thanks Ken Simons

Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 6:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel] Authorized Amel Service Representative in Turkey

Hola Judy and Bill,,,

I am a new member to the Amel yachtowners group..... If you could help me get started ,,,
it would realy be great.......   I was left in posession of a 1992 Amel Super Maramu,,,,, and have lots of questions..... It is in A1 shape and I want to keep it this way untill we find a new home for her.......
                       How do I e-mail all the members of the group with some of my technical questions.....
An Amel has many features only Amel owners would know...... We have been living on our Formosa 51 for 25 years,,,,, but the Super Maramu is quite different....... My name is Ken Simons,,,, and live with my
wife Jessie in Cartagena Colombia..... Thats also where the Amel is...... The boat belonged to Jim Dernehl
and the name of her is Pao San.........
                     Thanks for taking the time to read this letter,,,, and any info you have for me,,,,about contacting the rest of the Amel Group,,,, would be great !!!!  This e-mail address is also new....
                       O K to put a face to this letter .....   http://www.svmakai.com/   And go to the Gallery

Thanks again          Regards            Ken Simons   mailto:svmakai007%40hotmail.com

Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:42 AM
Subject: [Amel] Authorized Amel Service Representative in Turkey

I learned that this year there were 63 Amels that visited Turkey and there are 2 Amels owned by Turkish citizens.

I also found an authorized Amel service representative in Gocek, Turkey. His company is also authorized to service Nordhavn Yachts. He is authorized to perform warranty service for these two brands.

I previously had an experience with the Amel service rep in Marmaris, Turkey. Although I know people who recommend the Amel service rep in Marmaris, I cannot recommend him because of a poor experience I had with him.

I am very impressed with the company and the people in Gocek, Turkey. It is Emek Marin Ltd.Sti and is managed by Riza Cagdas Cakir, the grandson of the founder. Yes, three generations!

Emek Marin has a 2,500 sq meter fabrication and machine shop with lathes and all types of machinery. They can literally do anything mechanical and can fabricate anything. They have service technicians that work in Gocek and in the yard at Gocek.

We have decided to haulout BeBe next year in Gocek with Emek Marin not only because I am impressed, but also because the haulout costs are less than anywhere else in Turkey that I am aware of. In fact, I believe it is the best price in Turkey. I asked Riza why the price was less. He said he negotiates for 25 to 50 haulouts with several facilities, then based on their service and price he refers all of his clients to his number 1 choice.

Riza grew up in his father's and grandfather's business, he is in his late twenties and has a PhD in Marine Engineering. If you own an Amel and are in Turkey, you must meet him in person, by email, or by phone. I am certain that you will not regret meeting him, and in a short discussion with him, I am certain you will learn something...I learned a lot!

Regarding his fabrication capabilities, I saw photographs of some of his work. I was really impressed with a fold-down swim platform and swim ladder that does not interfere with the steps or the rear bumper...pretty ingenious. You have to ask him about this if you have a SM.

If you are in Turkey and are looking for a winter haulout, any sort of maintenance or repair, fabrication of anything made from metal or fiberglass, painting, rigging, gelcoat repair, or antifouling; I suggest that you contact Riza.

Contact Information is:
Riza Cagdas Cakir
Marine Engineer

Emek Marin Ltd.Sti
Iskele mah 62b 48310
Gocek/Mugla/Turkey
Tel: +90252 645 2468
cagdas"at"emekmarin.com
http://www.emekmarin.com/ (their new website is under construction)

I know this must sound like a commercial, and I apologize if I am coming across that way. I have no commercial connection with Riza or his company. I do get excited when I find someone like him.

Hope this will help someone.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Fethiye, Turkey

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.