Re: SM waterline

Mark Erdos

Graham,

You will find many previous posts regarding this. Do a search for "Boot Stripe". We also plan to raise our water line at the next haul out. The bottom paint at the stern sits right at the water line and we have a few blisters just above the bottom paint. The orange stripe is painted on and no-doubt can be removed or painted over:

Here is a good thread:

Mark and Cindy
Cream Puff
SM#275

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Graham" <crwggb@...> wrote:

I don't know about any one else but much as I love these boats I am fed up of the fact that they float stern down.... or perhaps the waterline was put in the wrong place at build?! When I lived in N Europe it wasn't too much of a problem but now I am in the tropics its impossible to keep her stern clean. Has any one had thier SM's water line raised at the stern, if so by how much, and was it dificult removing the orange stripe that is in the gelcoat?

I look forward to your comments

Graham Boyd
SM140 SULA