Da: Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe <yahoogroups@...>
A: amelyachtowners@...
Inviato: Mercoledì 24 Ottobre 2012 16:45
Oggetto: Re: [Amel] Lemma Insurance Bankruptcy

Gary,

We use Groupama who specialize in Amels. Groupma is a French company with offices in France and in St. Barts. It is a very good policy with great hurricane coverage and very reasonable rates. Email "Françoise GODINEAU" <fgodineau"at"assurances-delassee.com>, she is very, very good. Tell her that you want a policy like "BeBe" has.

You may have 1 or 2 problems qualifying with them:
1.) They do not insure US Flagged boats...But, they will insure a US Documented boat owned by a US citizen with a US address if the US Documentation has a hailing port of the USVI. BeBe's hailing port is St. Thomas, VI. For about $100, you can change your US Documentation to St. Thomas as a hailing port.

2.)The insurance will not cover your boat when it is in US Waters...USVI is not US waters to them.

I have a copy of the policy in English if you think you can qualify.

Let me know what else you need from me.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k #387
Currently Fethiye, Turkey

--- In mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com, Alexandre Uster von Baar <uster@...> wrote:

I use the same French insurance as Bill (S/V Bebe SM2K #387) http://www.assurances-delassee.com/
They have a program especially for Amel.
I talked directly to Mr Geoffroy de Lasse.
Sincerely, Alexandre