Re: SM waterline

Graham Boyd

Thanks everyone,

Looks like Sula's water line will be going up at the stern at the Xmas haul out! When I got the boat 7 years ago I painted over the orange stripe in red, much smarter. Whilst sanding in preparation for the paint I seem to remember the orange didn't come away at all which is why i thought it is part of the gel coat..(Amel seem to like that...deck stripes etc,... repainted those). I am sure my boat yard will keep me right.

Graham
SM140 Sula
Hong Kong

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Graham" <crwggb@...> wrote:

I don't know about any one else but much as I love these boats I am fed up of the fact that they float stern down.... or perhaps the waterline was put in the wrong place at build?! When I lived in N Europe it wasn't too much of a problem but now I am in the tropics its impossible to keep her stern clean. Has any one had thier SM's water line raised at the stern, if so by how much, and was it dificult removing the orange stripe that is in the gelcoat?

I look forward to your comments

Graham Boyd
SM140 SULA