Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Engine-Autoprop problem

eric freedman

John,

If your tank is anything like mine you cant get to the back of the strainer
from the inspection port there is a baffle in the way.. I would suggest
pumping the tank out into Gerry can or a few drums and remove and inspect
the filter it is very easy..

I have a jabsco vane pump and a large racor filter that I made up for my old
boat that I use on the Amel. I have a long soft piece of copper tubing
leading to the racor filter. From there to the jabsco pump. then to fuel
rated hose. I "polish" my own tank with this gadget once a year to clean the
crud off the bottom of the tank. It works like a charm. At Ian Jenkins
suggestion (Pen Azen) I also had Amel install a humongous racor filter and
50 liter per minute pump. As I fill the tank the fuel is pre filtered
through the racor and the fuel goes in extremely clean.

Fair winds,

Eric

_____