Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Companionway hatch maintenance

stargazer41amel <tripulante@...>

We ordered the gasket material from Amel directly. Wasn't too
unreasonble in cost. I am not sure how the SM companion door removes
but on the Sharki it was easy to remove and varnish. I used Interlux
Goldspar Clear for the exterior and Goldspar Satin for the interior.
I put 10 coats of clear on the exterior and 8 coats of clear on the
interior then finished with 2 coats of satin for the interior. Took
great pain to make it look like the interior finish. It's held up
wonderfully ... been on for 3 years.

Delores
s/v Stargazer

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "closereach"
<closereach@y...> wrote:
Mike,
Thanks. And I too would be interested in learning how to replace
the
rubber gasket.
Richard

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Michael Glass <mglass@r...>
wrote:
I have used Sikens (may be improper spelling) to protect the
hatch
with good effect. It goes on easy and 2 coats last a season. Has
anyone had to replace the rubber gasket at the bottom of the
companionway hatch, and if so, what have you used? (I think there
was some discussion of the gasket in the group a year or two ago.)
Mike Glass
Second Call