From: Barry <seagasm@...>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 11 December 2012, 5:01
Subject: [Amel] Switching between Auto Pilot Drive Units

Hi Guys, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to you all. I am currently installing a Raymarine Linear drive unit to my existing Auto Pilot system. I have the original Rotary drive installed in above the Galley and the new Linear unit currently being installed in the aft cabin. I have replaced the existing quadrant for another from Amel to accommodate the new drive. All looking pretty good so far however, I need to know the switch to use so as to switch alternatively between the two drive units. I am guessing here by using a single DPDT heavy duty switch of 10amps should suffice. One side positive 24VDC switching between either drive, the other side 12VDC switching between either clutch. Any comments would be appreciated. Cheers.

Best Regards
Barry & Robyn
Tradewinds III SM 171