Re: [Amel] Onan MDKAV 7kW 1999hrs Stops unexpectedly: no error code

Alessandro,

If you have the part number, please post it. I want to compare it to the part number on #387.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Alessandro Gennai <agennai@...> wrote:

Hi
Regarding my problem with Onan gen set I had fixed it and I thank you for your help.
i changed the actuator and Onan didn't stop anymore BUT it sounded not good as well....so I looked for the problem at , at the end , I found it: when I changed the fuel filter during crossing I had a problem with screw and ,maybe, I damaged it....so also with a new filter there was a little linkage of air along the screw of fuel filter so when Onan was on load , actuator " asked" more fuel, air entered, actuator was busy and burned....so I changed also the fuel filter support and now it works perfectly!
Thanks again
Alessandro
Grand Cru supermaramu 2k #443
Bequia

Inviato da iPad di Alessandro Gennai

Il giorno 07/dic/2012, alle ore 04:13, RIZA CAGDAS CAKIR <rizacagdascakir@...> ha scritto:

Drew,

It seems to me seawater flow sensor by somehow sence there is no flow and
shuts off the genset, and you run again it runs and stops after 30min , if
this is the reason you should see an error code ( blinking on carling switch
) . But I am thinking two possible cause ; 1- fuel filter, if that is old or
dirty that may cause the same thing , 2- sea water flow sensor if it block
somehow by small dirt that stops the genset

If those doesn't solve write back to me,

RIZA