Re: Sharki modifications and additions

m_iachelli

Hi Graham,

Happy New year to you. I own an Euros 41, but i'd like to use your ideas for the installation of the side solar panels and of the linear autopilot unit. I'm in need of replacing my rotary drive pilot and I'm installing two 75W solar panels.

Could you, please, explain to me how did you make the modifications?
In particular... about the solar panels, where did you purchase the fitting? And how much power production you have in that position?
About the autopilot linear drive, where is it installed? Could you do some more pictures? Wider for the autopilot and closer for the solar panels?
Thank you very much.
My best regards
Mauro

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "GrahamJohnston42" <grahamjohnston42@...> wrote:

Good day to all Sharki owners,

I have made the following additions to Zephyr that may be of interest to some of you. As all three projects took some thinking and design time I will be pleased to share what information I have.

1) Fit additional autopilot drive. Raymarine Type 2 short linear drive fitted to rudder with changeover switch.

2) Fit 2 x 80w solar panels on swivelling/sliding clamps to rails aft.

3) Fit cockpit enclosure with folding stainless steel framework.

Regards
Graham
Sharki 181 Zephyr