From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of Richard03801
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 6:28 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel] Super Maramu mast vibration

Hi at about 12 kts the mast will setup a harmonic the comes and goes all is well.
ALL OF THE STAYS must always!! Be tight. They should ring not go thud when hit with a wood hammer handle and the lee stays should not go slack when going to wind ward.
And yes even stainless steel stretches when stressed so from time to time you need to make adjustments.

Regards SM 209 FOR SALE IN ANNAPOLIS

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Jan 6, 2013, at 11:21, "islandbwoy4434" terencesingh@...<mailto:terencesingh%40mac.com>> wrote:

Having owned Libby (SM197) for a year now and about 2000 miles of Pacific under her keel we have one phenomena that we need guidance on.

While tied up at the dock we consistently notice the main Matt will start to pulsate with a mild wind. We can hear the furled main sail rattle inside the mast. We can feel this right throughout the boat. It is not violent motion but noticeable.

My thoughts are that the upper and lower shrouds may need adjusting.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there a specification and procedure for the shroud tension?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Terry&Dena Singh
SV Libby