Re: [Amel] Diving Compressor setup

Hi Gary , We have a 220v compressor installed in the cockpit locker by Amel.Very neat ,German made. Can't remember it's name as we are off the boat, but it is a leading brand.Takes 28 mins to fill a tank.Noisy, but that's true of every compressor.After 12 years of (admittedly pretty light ) use we remain very pleased with it.
When in Chile I also had made up a proper diving line, about 15 m , with a regulator , which attaches to a tank on board and allowsyoutodrop overboard at a moments notice to free a prop or scrub.
Ian & Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Ragusa, Sicily

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: bozocinq@...
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:25:50 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Diving Compressor setup

Does anyone with an AMEL 54 have a diving compressor set up installed by AMEL on there vessel? If so, please provide me with some information as to whether you are satisfied with it? How long to fill a tank? Brand name of the compressor manufacture? Is it installed in the Lazaretto? And any other comments/opinions you may have.
Cost of the system? Does anybody have a Hookah (3rd lung) system on there vessel? Electric or gas?
thank you,

Gary
s/v Bozo Cinq #44