Re: Hurth Transmission ID

salsman2 <r.salsman@...>

I am not sure of your transmission type but the guys at Foley engines
will be able to help you.

http://www.foleyengines.com/home.html
Foley Marine & Industrial Engines, Inc.
200 Summer Street
Worcester, MA 01604
www.FoleyEngines.com Phone:

Fax:
Email:
1-800-23-FOLEY (U.S.)
+1 508 753 2979
+1 508 799 2276
info@foleyengines.com

Ask Dr Diesel.

Good luck
Rick

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, silkair@a... wrote:
I am trying to identify the Hurth Transmission in our 1983 Mango
and need
some help. The data tag is damaged. The only manual we have is in
French and
is for a HBW5,10, or 20 The manual drawings do not seem to match up
with what
we have mated to our Perkins 4-236. Our transmission has the
shifting arm on
the top, not the side as shown in drawings. Our buyers survey
refers to it as
a Hurth 4 transmission. The transmissiion shifts fine but makes a
fair"clunk" while doing so. Is this normal for these small and
simple transmissions?
Any help would be appreciated.
SV Eshamy Michael P. McCarthy