Re: Grounding problem? (going with tester in engine room)

ferruccilorenzo

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" wrote:

Lorenzo,

There is not enough information here for me to give you an opinion. Did you solve your Mass red light problem that you had earlier?
Hi Bill and first of all thank you for patience. The mass problem was in the 24V alternator. the mechanic had removed it to control and probably reassembled incorrectly. I have disassembled and reassembled, and now everything works.

It seems as though you have some issue with the internal ground (bonding system).
Do You think that could be a problem of galvanic current? From which test should I begin in Your opinion?

Also, without knowing what kind of meter and what range you have the meter set at, I think a "few" ohms is reasonable to cover meter error and paint or other non-conductive material where you have connected the tester wires.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387

Lorenzo
SM 2K hull n°420 "Red Passion".