De : Kent Robertson <karkauai@...>
À : "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Envoyé le : Lundi 28 janvier 2013 1h30
Objet : Re: [Amel] Re: Power generators

Very nice, Ann-Sofie. Another question...Did raising the standing height in the cockpit require that the boom could not be pulled down as far? Did you have to recut the main sail? If the boom can no longer be brought down to a position perpendicular to the main, does the mainsail furl smoothly?
On Kristy (SM243) I have to ease the main a bit to open or stow the dodger extension that covers the cockpit. I would like to raise the headroom in my cockpit but am not sure there is room below the boom.

I am impressed with the efficiency of the water-cooled and reinsulated fridges. That looks like a modification worth doing.

How do you adjust your autopilot in different conditions to make it more efficient? That's something I never considered.

I LOVE this forum! Even with 20K+ nm under my keel I still feel like a rank beginner with an enormous amount to learn. Thais again to all for sharing!
Kent
SM243
Kristy
On Jan 27, 2013, at 11:04 AM, Ann-Sofie Svanberg mailto:kanalmamman%40hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Danny
If you check the album Lady Annila, you will find some pictures of our fixed roof over the cockpit.
To protect us from wind, rain and chilly weather we have a zipper going around the whole roof that we connect 10 panels to, with big windows. If we have all of them closed we are very well protected from the weather. We can take all or some of the panels down. It is free of choice.

The roof is constructed so that you can stand up and navigate and beeing able to see over the cockpit.

The inside hasn't got the final finish yet. But we have mounted a LED tape on the sieling that we adjust with a dimmer.

Regards
Annsofie,
Lady Annila, SM 233

Skickat från min iPad

27 jan 2013 kl. 04:00 skrev "Danny and Yvonne SIMMS" mailto:simms%40xtra.co.nz>:

Hi Ann, would be interested to see photos of your hard top.
Regards
Danny
SM299 Ocean Pearl
Currently home port Mangonui