Re: Bundaberg Port Marina

Barry <seagasm@...>

Bundaberg Port Marina has survived the storm as far as I have heard. Currently, the Burnett river and Bundaberg is flooded, Tradewinds III has survived so far as she did in the 2011 floods. We have been lucky, some have not. I have no knowledge of the other two Amels up on the hard storage. If they are OK, they will survive the floods.as the storm has passed Brisbane on its way south, still on the coast. We had flown to NZ on holiday and cannot return until this flooding has subsided, I am confident TW3 is OK.

Best regards
Barry and Robyn
Tradewinds III SM171

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "jjjk12s" wrote:

I wonder how you are managing with all the rain. Hope it is ok and good luck.

John

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Johns wrote:

Hello Giovanni,

Bundaberg Port Marina, less than a mile up the Burnett River, is a modern facility with a large yacht hoist.  The other boat yard (near the city, 12 miles up the river) is less upscale with only a sled to haul boats and as my Maramu was too large for them, your SM will also be too large for them.

We are hauled out and in storage for the cyclone season,.  We have not had the opportunity to use and evaluate any of the services (i.e. SS fabrication, riggers, etc.).

Our insurance contract specified that we had to be south of Lat 25 S during the cyclone season but we were able to negotiate a change to the contract to read Lat 24 S.

Dennis