Re: [Amel] Power generator

Howard Berger

Paul,

We were on that tub of a Hunter 450CC, which my wife Lynda dubbed The Edsel (though she was comfortable enough). We cruised in the past down the entire eastern Caribbean and I have to say I still haven't found any place I like better than Francis Bay. I was saddened to learn that Maho Bay Camps is finally packing it in -- the land has been sold -- and I fear there won't be anywhere left there where one can get a cheap lunch and some cold beer.

Sorry we missed you. I see you're in St. Martin so I trust you successfully navigated the Oh My God A passage :)

Best regards,
Howard Berger
sv JAZZ Maramu 144

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Paul LaFrance wrote:

Howard
Yes we saw you come into Francis Bay
When we mounted the wind generator on the mizzen we used a thick piece of rubber to dampen the vibration. We still can hear the wind generator when it is working in winds above 15 knots. It can be bothersome but it also alerts us to when we are experiencing high winds to check our position.

Paul LaFrance
SV NOMAD SM 362
Currently en route to St. Marteen