Re: help with steering

Alejandro Paquin

My understanding is that, if your system is like the Maramu's, one
cable should be enough to steer the boat at least on a temporary
basis. It seems to me two cables is a redundant feature whichis part
of Amel's solid steering system.

Alex Paquin
s/v Simpatico

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, asm283 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
Hello

My Super Maramu was in Grenada for Ivan. Thankfully she does not
seem
to be heavely damaged. However, one of the steering rods that
attaches to the rudder quadrant was bent. Does anyone have any
experience in replacing this item.

In order for me to get the boat out of Grenada I need to
temporarely
repair this item.

can the rod assembly be replaced without replacing the entire cable.

Has anyone steered the boat with just one rod attached.

Thank you

Vito Ciaravino