From: jean Paillardon <jean.paillardon@...>
To: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 11:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel] Re: Power generators

it is prudent for them!! but how a copper pipe with gas inside it can alter the water???? used in this case a plastic bucket to take your water because the tap that lead Pipes are copper with gas outside (air)!!
;) ;)

De : Kent Robertson karkauai@...>
À : "amelyachtowners@..." amelyachtowners@...>
Envoyé le : Mardi 29 janvier 2013 9h18
Objet : Re: [Amel] Re: Power generators

I contacted Veco about using their keel cooler. Here's what they said:
"Thank you for your inquiry regarding Frigoboat refrigeration, and your interest in adding Keel Coolers to your air cooled systems. If your systems contain refrigerant R134, then it is possible to add Keel Coolers. However, Frigoboat Keel Coolers are designed to be installed as a thru-hull fitting and not for installation in domestic water tanks. We do not condone the installation of Frigoboat Keel Coolers in water tanks containing water intended for human consumption. "
That doesn't mean you couldn't do it, but they won't back you up.
'Kent

On Jan 28, 2013, at 5:06 PM, jean Paillardon mailto:jean.paillardon%40yahoo.fr> wrote:

Hi Kent,
What difference do you see between the cooling gas flow of fresh water and cool the gas flow in this one freshwater???
Any.
Only a pump to circulate the water because the gas is pushing him by the compressor in both cases!
The keel cooler has no contact with sea water, it just needs to be immersed in the fresh water tank.
I added a ground wire as that set on the water heater.
Regards
about an eventual leak?? same scenario, gas to water or water to gas!

De : Kent Robertson mailto:karkauai%40yahoo.com>
À : "mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.commailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
Envoyé le : Lundi 28 janvier 2013 20h08

Hi again, Jean,
After reading about the "keel cooler" I have a couple of questions. Are you concerned at all about leakage of the exchanger into your fresh water tank? Are both fridge/freezer units attached to the same exchanger? How much room does the exchanger take up in the tank (ie how much volume do you lose by doing this?) I've not gotten into my tankage system yet...how difficult is it to mount the exchanger in the tank?
Thanks again, this looks like a great idea.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

________________________________
De : Kent Robertson mailto:karkauai%40yahoo.com>
À : "mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com" mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
Envoyé le : Lundi 28 janvier 2013 1h30

Very nice, Ann-Sofie. Another question...Did raising the standing height in the cockpit require that the boom could not be pulled down as far? Did you have to recut the main sail? If the boom can no longer be brought down to a position perpendicular to the main, does the mainsail furl smoothly?
On Kristy (SM243) I have to ease the main a bit to open or stow the dodger extension that covers the cockpit. I would like to raise the headroom in my cockpit but am not sure there is room below the boom.

I am impressed with the efficiency of the water-cooled and reinsulated fridges. That looks like a modification worth doing.

How do you adjust your autopilot in different conditions to make it more efficient? That's something I never considered.

I LOVE this forum! Even with 20K+ nm under my keel I still feel like a rank beginner with an enormous amount to learn. Thais again to all for sharing!
Kent
SM243
Kristy

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 27, 2013, at 11:04 AM, Ann-Sofie Svanberg mailto:kanalmamman%40hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Danny
If you check the album Lady Annila, you will find some pictures of our fixed roof over the cockpit.
To protect us from wind, rain and chilly weather we have a zipper going around the whole roof that we connect 10 panels to, with big windows. If we have all of them closed we are very well protected from the weather. We can take all or some of the panels down. It is free of choice.

The roof is constructed so that you can stand up and navigate and beeing able to see over the cockpit.

The inside hasn't got the final finish yet. But we have mounted a LED tape on the sieling that we adjust with a dimmer.

Regards
Annsofie,
Lady Annila, SM 233

Skickat från min iPad

27 jan 2013 kl. 04:00 skrev "Danny and Yvonne SIMMS" mailto:simms%40xtra.co.nz>:

Hi Ann, would be interested to see photos of your hard top.
Regards
Danny
SM299 Ocean Pearl
Currently home port Mangonui