Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] mango sailors / owners

tom mcguffy <tmcguffy@...>

Thanks for your inquiry. We will send you more info when we find a computer that we can upload to. We average 180 miles per day on ocean passages. Our best day is 196 miles. The boat is fastest downwind. Mr. Amel raced this particular boat across the Atlantic averaging 8.4 ks and came in 3rd over all in the Trans-Alizees. She is a 1985 model launched in late 1984. Best Regards, Tom McGuffy

From: "salsman2" <salsman@ca.inter.net>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] mango sailors / owners
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 15:15:28 -0000

Good Morning:

I am considering purchasing a Mango. I would like to get some idea
how fast or slow they are under sail.
Can you tell me how many miles per day you average while making ocean
passages? Average wind strength on these passages?
Miles per day while beating?
WMiles per day while reaching?
Miles per day while running?

Thank you for your help.