Re: Yanmar 75hp plus ZF30M with shaft alternator on a Maramu

jjjk12s <jjjk12s@...>

Richard,

Thanks. As I understand it these smaller ZF mechanical boxes can be freewheeled or left in reverse to lock the shaft. They should not be left in forward or the clutch plates wear out. Maybe anyone can correct me if I am wrong.

John, Maramu #91 Popeye

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Richard03801 wrote:

Not Not sure about the bracket holes but you must be sure that that transmission will survive freewheeling to run the alternator off the transmission shaft.

Regards

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Feb 6, 2013, at 23:47, "jjjk12s" wrote:

Is there anyone with a ZF30M gearbox who happens to know if there are bolt holes to mount a shaft alternator bracket like those present on the ZF25M (Hurth 250)? The Yanmar 75hp can be bought standard with the ZF30M rather than the ZF25M. I am replacing a Perkins M60/ZF25M.

John, Maramu #91 Popeye