Re: Hydranet sails

Dave_Benjamin

That was a few years ago when I wrote that post. Customer sold the boat last year but feedback was quite positive. That sail will be good for quite some time.

--- In amelyachtowners@..., svperegrinus wrote:

Hello,

And what has been your experience with the carbon/technora sails?

Best,

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Dave_Benjamin" wrote:

Please note that Dimension Polyant manufactures two types of Hydranet cloth. One is a crosscut and the other is radial.

The crosscut has not held up well so not too many sailmakers will recommend it.

The radial cloth is excellent, however quite expensive.

We are building sails for a Catana catamaran right now using carbon/technora load path membrane which is more economical.

International demand for Hydranet is so low that Dimension Polyant now only manufactures when they have an order.