Re: [Amel] Standing Rigging Tension

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

Hi Paul thanks for the call regarding fore and aft stays. The fore stay must be tight so the can be no flex in the stay, the roll track, or the head sail tape. It must come up very tight.

The aft stay on the stern is last to be tighten. It need to have tension on it not flopping around as it provides the needed opposite force on the mizzen, triac, and head stay when running off the wind or hard on it. This is a smaller wire and there fore does stretch a fair amount. Bring it up so you have tension. You don't have to make it overly tight. I realize this is a "soft" technical answer however its the best I can provide in words.

Regards

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Feb 10, 2013, at 11:50, "LaFrance" <pflafrance@...> wrote:

Does anyone know the rigging tension required for the SM model.

Paul & Sue LaFrance
SV NOMAD SM #362
Currently in St Marteen