Re: [Amel] Battery Chargers and Inverters

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

Kent we have SM209. It has the same batt box as your boat. It holds 8 deep cycle at 24 volts that is 500 Amps and 1 cranking batt. We charge with one smart 80 amp charger. When the voltage gets to 27 volts it goes to float. Therefore we use ONLY THE SMART CHARGER and have for done so running the gen set or shore power at 220 v at either 50 or 60 cyc. It makes it very simple. Call should you wish to call please do.

Regards

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Feb 25, 2013, at 19:20, Kent Robertson <karkauai@...> wrote:

Thanks Eric.
You're right, the group 31's are about an inch longer and 3/4" taller than the group 27's. I couldn't fit 12 of those in my crib, so they must have made it bigger somehow in later model SMs. I wonder where they found the extra space?

Kent
On Feb 25, 2013, at 1:52 PM, Sailorman kimberlite@...> wrote:

Kent,

Why don't you drop Joel Potter a note. I am sure he knows someone that can
help you.

I believe the group 31 batteries are a bit larger than the group 27. When it
came time to replace them I called Interstate batteries directly, they gave
me the name of the regional distributor. Being that I needed 13 batteries he
gave me the dealers price of about $80- each. They delivered them to the
dock in NY and picked up the old ones. I used interstate as the battery
terminals and physical size were exactly the same as the original Amel
batteries (Dolphin)?

I have 30 and 100 amp dolphin chargers on board. My 30 amp went bad and
cooked my battery bank.; I sent it to Dolphin in France they only charged me

$150- to repair it.

My inverter is mounted high on the left side of the wet locker and is 110
volts, I just use it for the few 110 volt things I have on board. In
retrospect, I should have bought a 220 volt unit. It is a sine wave 2200
watt xantrex unit.

I also have a 175 amp alternator on my main engine ( yanmar)

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____