From: Steve Constantine <svsummerlove@...>
To: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Amel] Battery Chargers and Inverters Update - Comfort Package

Kent,

I finally tracked down the info I vaguely remembered about the size of the battery compartment.  The later SMs had an option available called the "Comfort Package", which included an increase in the size to accommodate 13 instead of 9 batteries.  I've never seen one, so I can't say where they found the extra room.

The interesting thing is that it will also hold four 8-Ds plus a G-31 starting battery.  The obvious downside is the weight and physical size of the 8-D, because installation and replacement would be a lot more challenging for the average Amel owner.

Steve