Re: [Amel] Battery Chargers and Inverters Update - Comfort Package

karkauai

That's good info, Steve.  I had never heard that before this discussion.  No wonder I was confused about how to put that many batteries in my boat.

I'm still looking, but have found an AIMS 85A charger/4KW inverter that can produce 50 or 60 Hz, 110 or 220V AC for $1900.  It is also ready for solar input should I decide to add a couple of panels in the future.

I'll let you all know what I decide.
Kent
SM243
KRISTY

Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Amel] Battery Chargers and Inverters Update - Comfort Package

Kent,

I finally tracked down the info I vaguely remembered about the size of the battery compartment.  The later SMs had an option available called the "Comfort Package", which included an increase in the size to accommodate 13 instead of 9 batteries.  I've never seen one, so I can't say where they found the extra room.

The interesting thing is that it will also hold four 8-Ds plus a G-31 starting battery.  The obvious downside is the weight and physical size of the 8-D, because installation and replacement would be a lot more challenging for the average Amel owner.

Steve

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.