Re: [Amel] Internet in the Caribbean

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Thanks Anne & John
I will,look at them but ifmthe cost still is as you say, they are expensive......

Regards /Annsofie

Skickat från min iPad

4 mar 2013 kl. 12:58 skrev "Anne and John Hollamby" <annejohnholl@gmail.com>:

Hello Anne-Sophie, There is a company which claims to be the best for yacht crew, cruisers etc. Check out www.gymsim.com or Email salesatgymsim.com They do do sim cards which work almost anywhere in the world. One is a voice and data card and the other is data only. The voice and data card can be much more expensive but they recommended it to us to use on our iPad during a trip to Hong Kong,Australia and New Zealand saying that it was easier to activate than the data card. It costs € 1.49 per Mb for most of Europe but €12.99 per Mb for most Caribbean islands and Hong Kong and €16.99 for Australia and €20.99 per Mb for NZ. The data card for most of the Windies costs €14 per Mb.
I assume that the local rates over there are even more outrageous. It is important to switch off all updating etc or the Mb will vanish PDQ and of course only connect whilst receiving or sending mail.

Good luck on the trip, Anne and John, Bali Hai, SM319, Malta