Re: Isolation Transformer

Mark Erdos

Hi Andrew and Kate

On our SM, the previous owner added a Charles isolation transformer and it is placed in the lazarette on the shelf next to the propane locker. We have an A/B switch in the engine room to select between it and and the standard shore power plug.

This has work well for us.

Mark
Cream Puff
SM2K #275

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "ronpische" <andrew@...> wrote:

I wish to install an isolation transformer on my SM2K - does anyone know if there is a recommended location for this. I was thinking of making a bracket for the rear engine compartment bulkhead. But not sure if there are any issues with this - the transformer ways about 25kgs.

thanks in Advance

Andrew & Kate
Ronpische SM472