Re: "Morning Dove" 46' Maramu has new owners

seafeverofcuan <seafeverofcuan@...>

Dear Jo,
You will never find anyone on this site that will "hard sell' anything to do with Amel.
You certainly will find many informed postings from some very intelligent people, both current and past owners based on real and truthful experiences.
Should you purchase an Amel then you are joining a family of like minded people who care passionately about their boats.

You will notice that very few are ever modified, because if you are patient and wait for at least two years after ownership you will come around to the Amel way of doing things and realise that "your good idea" would not have worked out so well.
The Super Maramu has evolved over many years based on real ocean sailing experience and has a depth of integrity in design and construction unlike another production boat that i know.

Understand and keep both your feet on the ground, it is still a boat, it is like a small town in terms of electrical and water systems all of these need regular maintenance and replacement and that comes at a cost. If you check out the excellent blog for sailing vessel "Bebe" you will find some very useful information on true running costs which I can concur with within pennies.

After 25,000 miles and thirty countries visited in my boat, I have never equipment failure or been let down by anything with Amel stamped on it and I have had more than my fair share of mechanical and electrical problems associated with higher than average usage in extreme environments as you would expect.
When something does break there is always a back up system,when you can't get parts there is always a way to fix an Amel to keep going, because it has happened before to someone else and been thought about, then incorporated in to the revised design.

The Amel after sales service is good rather than excellent and has been fraught over the last few years by their refusal to appointment a designated after sales multi lingual manager therefore you enquiries tend to have to wait a little longer if they are posed in English. Parts are expensive and the staff will go out of their way to help you. Amel pride themselves
with having parts for all their boats, sometimes you simply have to wait until they are in stock. The essence of this forum is often helping others locate alternative suppliers and parts

Most importantly, never have I had the slightest concern for the safety of my crew or myself, as sailed properly, a Super Maramu will constantly return 150 to 190 miles every twenty four hours in a sea kindly and comfortable fashion. Should you buy one you will find when you arrive in harbour many other boat owners discussing the inclement conditions that you didn't even notice.

Finally, I will give you a challenge, try and find anywhere one single derogatory word published about an Amel Super Maramu.
Good luck with your search.

Fair winds,
Trevor Lusty
Sea Fever of Cuan
Super Maramu 2000 Red Line
No 425
Mexico

Should you want any further information, contact on trevorlusty@... rather than use up bandwidth here.

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:
a
Hi, is it Jo or Daisy,
if you like to contact me on simms@... I may be able to help you to see a Super Maramu.
Regards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl

To: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Monday, 13 May 2013 10:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel] "Morning Dove" 46' Maramu has new owners

Hi Amel owners,
We're so glad to see that Amel owners are really proud of their yachts and we're looking at them seriously for our family of four to go long term cruising. Can anyone do a "hard sell"on us as to why they're so great? We are of the mind that you're buying a top-notch system, among other things, when you go with Amel, and we like the idea that employees share the ups and downs of the company (ie great service). Apart from that we love how they look & the type sailing they seem to offer :-)
So why Amel Super Maramu? This is the big plunge for us and there aren't many to view in Australia so we'd love your feedback.
Many thanks,
Jo
Western Australia (for now!)

Sent: Monday, 13 May 2013 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: [Amel] "Morning Dove" 46' Maramu has new owners

Welcome aboard. Glad you got an Amel.

Regards
Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On May 12, 2013, at 15:08, "brucemoroney" <mailto:bruce%40alaskawings.com> wrote:

Hello all AMEL owners and lovers of these great sailing vessels. I joined this site because of my interest in these boats and wanting to learn more. It wasn't long before I knew this was the vessel for me.

Since I live in Alaska it's been an exhausting search taking me to Hawaii, West and East Coast and USVI to find the right boat. May 7th my wife and I finalized our purchase of "Morning Dove" a 46' Maramu in Virginia. If you have seen this boat on Yacht World, well it's no longer available, it's now mine…

Morning Dove was originally Henri Amel's personal yacht. Its last owner has sailed it for most of its life, crossing the Atlantic many times. If anyone is familiar with Morning Dove, I'd be interested in hearing from you.

I plan some upgrades this summer then to the Caribbean in the fall then next spring through the cannel then who knows where! I will be looking for interested crew willing to share expenses so drop a note. mailto:morningdove%40alaskawings.com.

I will also be looking forward to this site for is wealth of information and share some of mine.
Fair Winds

Bruce & Diana Moroney
www.alaskawings.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.