Re: [Amel] Re: Sharki Transmission problem

Joachim

Dear Tom
i have a Sharki and i change my old gearbox to a new direct from ZF in München it is exactly the that you have installed in the boat without any change. The price in Germany is about 1500 €.
Oft you are interesting i can give you the adress and telefonnumber direct to ZF Boat you Cam Order it there directly.
regards
Joachim

Sent from my iphone J Schäfer

Am 21.05.2013 um 06:39 schrieb "jjjk12s" <jjjk12s@...>:

Tom,

It makes sense that you would have a Hurth HBW250 like Stargazer. Typical Amel to put a larger one than the minimum, I have a HBW250 but on a 60 hp Perkins on my Maramu. If you need spares it is now ZF25M. There is also a ZF25 which is a differnt (hydraulically actuated) gearbox.

Another website you might find helpful is:
http://www.zf.com/corporate/en/products/product_range/further_product_ranges/boats/matching_tool/matching_tool_large.html

Regards,
John Maramu #91

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Fisher, Thomas W." <fishert@...> wrote:

Thanks to all of your for the feed back!!

I'm going to re examine the linkage and go from there. The web site links were very helpful, much appreciated, feel like I'm on the right track.

Thanks Again!!

Tom
"Sheila"
Sharki #142
________________________________
From: Chris Smither <yachtakwaaba@...<mailto:yachtakwaaba%40yahoo.com>>
Date: 20 May 2013 09:46:27 BST
To: "amelyachtowners@...<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>" <amelyachtowners@...<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>>
Subject: Re: [Amel] Re: Sharki Transmission problem

Hi Tom,
Once you are certain the linkage is not the problem, you need to find out the model number.
Having found out the model, it should be on a plate on the gearbox, if painted over a careful clean should do the trick, you ask for a "rebuild kit" from ZF, or their local agents.
Any competent workshop should be able to do the rebuild, the kit includes bearings,seals, drive discs etc.
I have just had our HBW 250 rebuilt - it is now the ZF 25.

Good Luck

Mike
Santorin 027

On 20 May 2013, at 06:09, "jjjk12s" <jjjk12s@...<mailto:jjjk12s%40yahoo.com>> wrote:

Tom,

I would guess it would likely be a Hurth HBW150 or HBW100. Try google and see if it looks like yours. They are now ZF. (HBW150 = ZF15M). Rather than make suggestions that may lead you on a wild goose chase the following link may help ....

http://www.foleyengines.com/resources/tech-tips/hurth-marine-transmissions-ins-and-outs-basic-service

(I have never had any dealings with the company but their website looks helpful.) Now I am wondering when I last changed the gearbox oil on my boat:)
John, Maramu #91

--- In amelyachtowners@...<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>, "Fisher, Thomas W." <fishert@> wrote:

Hi Dave,

Yes. I should have mentioned this. I have tried this and it seems to make no difference.
Any thoughts on what type of Transmissions Amel used back them?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Fisher RRT
Research Coordinator