Veit
ATMAN, SM215

Sent from my vm iPad

On May 21, 2013, at 5:44 PM, Kent Robertson <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi, Danny. I have a Rocna 40kg which fits on the bow roller and hasn't failed me yet in three seasons of anchoring in all kinds of conditions. It doesn't always hold if the bottom is very hard, but once it sets it hasn't failed to hold...even in shifting 30+ kt winds.
Kent
SM243
Kristy
Currently Brunswick, GA, USA

________________________________
From: Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...>
To: amel owners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:31 PM
Subject: [Amel] anchor for SM299

Hi all.
We are thinking of upgrading from our Lewmar Delta anchor and wonder if anyone would like to share their views on alternatives. We have tried tyo fit a Manson Supreme which is very similar to the Rocna but the shank is too deep to fit into the bow roller. I think the Rocna may fit but I have heard some bad things about poor quality steel used in some manufactured in China.???
Would appreciate any comments about anchor types and sizes. Not going to go stainless so don't need info on that.
Looking forward to your comments.
Danny
SM299 Ocean Pearl
About to depart New Zealand for Fiji and the Pacific