Re: [Amel] anchor for SM299

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

We also agree with previous writer, we have a 40 kg Roccna and if it fails the anchor bottom is really bad. The best is that if it fails, it digg it self in again.
We are so pleased that we have bought a 20 kg to use for tandem anchoring together with the 40 kg.
The stock is a tiny bit to wide close to the blade for the opening so you must be careful when you take it up, and not let the windlass drag it all the way, leave inch or so. But it is not a big problem.

You can find pictures of our Roccna in the album Lady Annila.

Regards
Ann-Sofie,
S/Y Lady Annila. SM #232

Skickat från min iPad

22 maj 2013 kl. 09:13 skrev "Veit Mueller" <veitm@...>:

Totally agreed. We upgraded from a CQR - and what a difference. Not once a problem with setting, and survived 63 kn in last years Derecho in the Chesapeake without moving at all.
Cheers,
Veit
ATMAN, SM215

Sent from my vm iPad

On May 21, 2013, at 5:44 PM, Kent Robertson <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi, Danny. I have a Rocna 40kg which fits on the bow roller and hasn't failed me yet in three seasons of anchoring in all kinds of conditions. It doesn't always hold if the bottom is very hard, but once it sets it hasn't failed to hold...even in shifting 30+ kt winds.
Kent
SM243
Kristy
Currently Brunswick, GA, USA