Venting fresh water system after complete drain down

Martin <yachtcaduceus@...>

I have searched the postings and not been able to find an answer so sorry if this is a repeat request.

After leaving the boat in Norfolk, Virginia, USA for 6 months we are up to our ears in antifopuling, polishing etc prior to relaunch. I have in the midst of this fitted a replacement accumulator tank to the system. The original had rusted and was leaking air.

Note for fellow travellers, the replacement supplied by AMEL comes in Shurflo packaging. Made in Italy, shipped to the USA, back to France and then sent to us in the USA. If anyone is interested I will post the Shurflo model number, just do not have it to hand whilst writing this. Also note that the original (Amel 54 no 56) had a male fitting and the replacement has a female fitting so adapters are required.

I have now put the whole thing back together and am not sure how to bleed the air out of the system. We also have an empty hot water tank as the boat had been winterised before I carried this out so there is a lot of air in the syatem.

Grateful for any advice please.

Martin Bevan
Caduceus
Amel 54 No 56