Re: [Amel] SSB installation on Amel 54

Martin <yachtcaduceus@...>

Can I follow up on this thread please. The base on my whip antenna has just broken, UV and brittle plastic no mixing. I was considering using the opportunity to replace the whip by isolating one of the mizzen backstays. Does anyone have experience of this solution on a 54?

Regards,
Martin Bevan
Caduceus
Amel 54 - 56
Norfolk, VA, USA

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, lior 555 <lior246@...> wrote:

Hi Colin and Richard

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I will use a whip antenna.
I just did not understand for what could use the triact.

Regards
Lior

2013/5/28 Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

**

Hi you need to mount the tuner in starboard stern so you can get to the
ground foil. Best to use the whip Antenna. Next the back stay. Using the
triact means running a very long wire = lost power and poor reception.

Regards
Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On May 24, 2013, at 9:22, lior 555 <lior246@...> wrote:

Hi

I bought an ICOM M802 with tuner AT-140, Pactor modem and I would like to
install it on the boat.
Maybe someone could help me with a few questions.
I would like to use the antenna between the mizzen and main mast. Would you
advice it?
Can someone tell me where I should place the tuner and where is the best
place to install the main unit?

Thanks in advance for your help
Lior