Re: Venting fresh water system after complete drain down

Mark Erdos

"It is a SHURFLO tank and appears in the USA in the West Marine catalogue for 2013 on page 482 as Model 492739 with a price of $324.99."

AVAILABLE from Camping World for $219.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/shurflo-2-gallon-stainless-steel-tank/14747

West Marine is very proud of their merchandise. One Google search will save a minimum of 30%.

Mark
Cream Puff
SM2K #275
www.creampuff.us

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Martin" <yachtcaduceus@...> wrote:

Thank you for your reply which solved the problem. Filling the pump housing through the vent plug was enough to get the system going.

My delay in replying was due to my wanting to post the identity of the replacement accumulator tank that AMEL supplied to me.

It is a SHURFLO tank and appears in the USA in the West Marine catalogue for 2013 on page 482 as Model 492739 with a price of $324.99.

It has a female fitting unlike our original which was a male fittign but standard adaptors bridged the difference. The top plate requires drilling for the Reya pump. I also had to replace the rubber mountings and the ones supplied by AMEL had a larger thread so the mounting plates required drilling and tapping to take the replacements.

The new tank works well except that the pressure has to drop right off before the pumop cuts in. Any advice on how to adjust the pressure cutout?

Regards,
Martin
Caduceus
Amel 54 - 56
Norfolk, VA, USA

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "seafeverofcuan" <seafeverofcuan@> wrote:

Martin,
I forgot to mention that if you have a Reja pump, you most likely will have to prime it. Take off the hose from the fresh water reservoir and fill it with water, there used to be a bleed bolt on the top of the pump that you need to loosen until the water is free flowing from the reservoir.
Good luck.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Martin" <yachtcaduceus@> wrote:

I have searched the postings and not been able to find an answer so sorry if this is a repeat request.

After leaving the boat in Norfolk, Virginia, USA for 6 months we are up to our ears in antifopuling, polishing etc prior to relaunch. I have in the midst of this fitted a replacement accumulator tank to the system. The original had rusted and was leaking air.

Note for fellow travellers, the replacement supplied by AMEL comes in Shurflo packaging. Made in Italy, shipped to the USA, back to France and then sent to us in the USA. If anyone is interested I will post the Shurflo model number, just do not have it to hand whilst writing this. Also note that the original (Amel 54 no 56) had a male fitting and the replacement has a female fitting so adapters are required.

I have now put the whole thing back together and am not sure how to bleed the air out of the system. We also have an empty hot water tank as the boat had been winterised before I carried this out so there is a lot of air in the syatem.

Grateful for any advice please.

Martin Bevan
Caduceus
Amel 54 No 56