From: Peter Forbes
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:59 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Cc: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amel] SSB installation on Amel 54

Richard,

I finally bough my dream Amel 54 (hull no 35) from an Italian Rudi Peroni in Rhodes last week.

I too am installing Icom 801 SSB. I was told the 2.4m long whip antenna was only for receiving the DSC reply to a distress call and the main antenna for tx/rx should be a separate either triticale or back stay long antenna. Is that not correct.

The Icom 801 is just a marinised version of Icom 802.

Thanks for your help earlier too.

Peter

Peter Forbes

07836 209730
mailto:ppsforbes%40gmail.com

On 28 May 2013, at 03:00, Richard03801 <mailto:richard03801%40yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi you need to mount the tuner in starboard stern so you can get to the ground foil. Best to use the whip Antenna. Next the back stay. Using the triact means running a very long wire = lost power and poor reception.

Regards
Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On May 24, 2013, at 9:22, lior 555 <mailto:lior246%40gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

I bought an ICOM M802 with tuner AT-140, Pactor modem and I would like to
install it on the boat.
Maybe someone could help me with a few questions.
I would like to use the antenna between the mizzen and main mast. Would you
advice it?
Can someone tell me where I should place the tuner and where is the best
place to install the main unit?

Thanks in advance for your help
Lior