Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Super Maramu on cover of Sail magazine

amelforme

Hi Richard,

Joel Potter here. That photo was taken off Fort Lauderdale Beach.
The boat was TOOWOWIE owned by Lowell and Sharon Blossom. That's me
in the floral shirt on the port side of the cockpit. Autopilot is
steering, my buddy Ray Eaton is opposite to starboard, and we were
doing almost 10 knots. Billy Black took the photos for a feature
article when the SUPER MARAMU won BOAT OF THE YEAR- OVERALL in
Cruising Worlds 2000 BOTY competition.

Incidentally, a nearly identical photo also appeared on the cover of
BLUE WATER SAILING for the June, 2004 issue which was taken during the
same session. That was a fun day on the water!

All the best,

Joel F. Potter - SM 400, "MARY BROWN"