Re: [Amel] Marina for winter in Greece or Turquie

Pitugolf Yahoo <pitugolf@...>

Thank you so much Rink :)

Maria Geiger
S.Y. PITU SM #148

Le 8 juin 2013 à 08:25, Rink de Haan <rinkdehaan@...> a écrit :

Hello Maria,

We can share some of iur experiences. We stayed in Didim, Leros and Aghios Nikolos. All of them are fine marinas. Crete has the best climate for the winter and is a lovely island. The marina is close to the attractive town and is not expensive. Maintenance facilities are not that good. Didim is a new and very good marina and has execellent maintenance facilities. For the village you have to take the mini bus. Atmosphere is okay, but not cosy. In summer expensive, but the offer winter packages. Turkey is also very beautiful so you have acccess to many interseting places. Leros is also a good marina. You can walk to the village which is interesting, but doesn't offer much after you have seen it once or twice. And it is an island which is also beautiful but small and with limited connection facilities.
On the Turkish coast there are plenty of wintering facilities. You could also consider Kusadasi, Marmaris, Göcek and others. Many of them have wintering contracts.

Hope this is helpful,

Rink
SM2K #330 Razor's Edge

Op 7 jun. 2013 om 21:54 heeft "Maria Geiger" <pitugolf@...> het volgende geschreven:

Hello,

We are thinking to pass this winter in the eastern part of the Mediterranean Sea.
The stw group has a label for Leros in Greece and Didim in Turquie.

Does someone knows those marinas or another one ?
An advice for a good marina where we can spend this winter: save and with good services would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Maria