Re: SM Carpet

Mark Erdos

If you do not have access to someone who can stitch on the carpet edge binding, here is an easy alternative: http://www.installerstore.com/Instabind-Carpet-Binding.html

Very easy to use!

Mark
SM2K #275
www.creampuff.us

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Shenanigans <svshenanigans@...> wrote:

We didn't go the marine use route. We purchased low pile berber from a carpet mart near us. Took it home and laid out the old carpet as a pattern and cut each piece. We then took all the pieces back to the carpet mart and they stitched binding onto all pieces. Looks great and only cost about $110.00.

Pat & Diane
Shenanigans
SM123

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2013, at 6:56 AM, Kent Robertson <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi Gary. I got the Honey Beige Berber made by Shaw. It has a wavy-looking rubbery-feeling backing and is made for marine use. I had them put velcro where there was velcro on the old ones, but I'm not sure that's really necessary. Shaw makes several different colors in that berber. There is another honey beige that is a cut pile carpet which is made by someone else and is not made for marine use. That one isn't backed.
Kent

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2013, at 12:05 AM, amelliahona <no_reply@...> wrote:

Hi Kent:

I googled the "honey beige marine carpet" and found several vendors. Was yours rubber backed like the original or did you have to use double sided tape to keep it from slipping etc.

Gary Silver

Amel SM 2000 # 335
On the hard at Jolly Harbor Antigua

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Kent Robertson <karkauai@> wrote:

The carpet was about $250 and the fee for cutting and edging was $440...almost $700 total.