Re: Super maramu bow thruster, and leaking rudder

asm283 <no_reply@...>

Hi Graham

The rudderpost is very much like a stuffing box tighten it and it
will stop leaking. Only tighten as much as needed.

Bow thruster is again quite simple. 4 screws between the motor and
the shaft will allow you to drop the unit. Make sure someone is there
to catch it. This is best done out of the water. You can buy the
seals from Amel. Change the oil while you have it out.

Vito

Wanderer

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Graham Boyd" <crwggb@y...>
wrote:

Can any one help?

I have just purchased SM140 "Sula" (ex Gallant of Fowey). I require
to replace the bow thruster seals, any top tips that might make the
job easier?
Also on our trip from Cornwall to the Clyde in Scotland last month
we
had water come in the rudder stock, this collected in the area
infront of the stock and the a fair amount of it seems to have
leaked
through a hole covered by a white plastic cap into the skeg cavity.
Is this plastic cap meant to be water tight and does anyone know if
there is a drain hole for the skeg cavity?
Any other comments would be welcome as owning an amel is a new
experience for us,

Graham Boyd
SM 140 Sula