Re: Hi Bob,

minaxi53

Stephen
Welcome to the Amel club and welcome to Oyster Bay. I have been so tempted over the years to replace all my vinyl linings, but as I don't want to tackle the job myself and certainly don't want to pay the New York $125 ph boatyard prices I'll wait until we get to a cheaper part of the world.
Let me know your mooring number (I assume they put you in the CB section) and I will sail by and say hello. We kept Minaxi on a mooring there for years but this year are staying at a slip in Glen Cove as we have lots of projects to complete.
Oyster Bay is a great spot on July 4th, there is a huge barge firework display that you get a perfect view of from the mooring field. Drop me a line on bob@... and we'll get together.
Bob
s/v Minaxi SM6

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "stephen_lees" <stephen_lees@...> wrote:

Hi Bob and Eric,

My wife and I just crused into Oyster Bay on May 30 with SM #349 that we purchased and brought up from Wilmington, NC. It was a spectacular 72 hour straight run off shore. She is currently named Sundance but will be rechristened Sequel in a week or so. She will be on a mooring there this summer.

I relate to your vinyl problem. Just last year we totally redid the overhead vinyl on our 1986 Beneteau Oceanis 430. We had been trying everything you mentioned but finally bit the bullet and took every piece down carefully and had them replicated at a car restoration shop in Hicksville called Auto-Mat. They did a great job and after many more hours struggling with spay adhesive, replacing woodwork and cleaning up it was gorgeous. And then, of course, we sold the boat. But it got us into our dream boat which we are just starting to explore and discover.

Just one warning. The dust from the deteriorated foam can be pretty toxic. Take real care not to inhale it.

Stephen

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Sailorman <kimberlite@> wrote:

Bob,

Would you like to join me for dinner at the Huntington Yacht club one night?

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____