Re: batteries and chargers

Alan Leslie

Thanks ...Bill,

I looked at it again...its states 115V / 230V ...so I guess its OK..
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

Alan,

Did you notice that what you posted is for a 115 volt Dolphin charger?

Bill
BeBe

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "alan_leslie_elyes_sm2k" <divanz620@> wrote:

Hi Danny,

I just posted a Doplhin Technical Note in the Files section that explains all of that.

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@> wrote:

Hi All.
I have watched with interest the various discussions on the relative merits and pitfalls of various chargers and batteries. On the dolphin charger, behind the face plate there is a small dial numbered 0 to 9. No where have I seen reference to the different positions required on this scale that are required for different battery types.
Also I have not seen reference to the de-sulphation or sulphation recovery program for wet flooded electolyte batteries that is available on the dolphin, ( and other chargers too I am sure).
A friend of ours does this desulphation regularly and has got over 10 years life from his lead acid batteries. I claim no expertise at all in the matter of batteries and chargers, I'm just a careful user and believe we may have extended the life of our batteries by this method.
Regards
Danny SM 299
Ocean Pearl
Currently Vuda Point Marina Fiji