Algae on propeller

tonic102004 <paebersold@...>

I am new owner of a used sm (227). I did not use it much until know.
The boat is well maintained and in very good condition, we like it
very much. Nevertheless, there seems to be a problem with algae
development on the propeller when the boat lays for a few weeks in
the marina. Actualy the boat is in SanRemo in the Med. After a few
weeks not beeing used, the engines gets up to 1700t/m instead of 2500
or more. The previous owner had evertime asked a diver to clean the
propeller before navigating.
Has anybody experience in solving this problem. Or is the only way
diving and cleaning?
Thanks
Paul