Re: about Sprayhood/SM #468 OceanBird/

Welcome to the group. Your experience will improve if you sign your postings with name, model and hull...you might even meet some owners if you include your location.

We added zippers to the underside of the bimini on BeBe, SM2k, #387. I do not know this to be true, but I suspect that Henri Amel didn't like the appearance of zippers and may have felt that zippers would damage the fabric when folded. His attention to detail was amazing.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently, Gocek, Turkey

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Donato Valente <ing.d.valente@...> wrote:

Hi
I'm new of this group and excited to post my first msg.

It's about the sprayhood.
While trying to dismantle it for repair, I've been surprised to notice that it's quite impossible to take off the plastic cover only. So I had to disconnect the steel arches from the boat !! I confess I've felt a bit stupid doing that way. I thought the arches were made in two parts each, somewhere connected in the middle and probably couldn't find the connection because of some rust.
Can't understand why the 'pockets' containing the arches are sealed.
If so, I'm thinking to make them openable with a zip.
Is there anything wrong ?
I'll appreciate your advise....when you have time.

Reply to group Start a New Topic