Re: [Amel] Original rig plan for Isomat equipped Maramu - anyone have it?

David Wallace

Dave,

That's good because so far I can't find it. If we were on the boat.... Anyway, I do have the dimensions of the rigging currently on the boat. It's obviously been re-rigged at some point, and maybe different stays at different times since some of the fittings are compression, while others are Norseman. But here's what's on her now:

Mizzen backstays: 3/16" (5mm)
Mizzen upper stays and mizzen forward lower stays: 9/32" (7mm)
Forestay, main backstay, main lower stays, and mizen aft lower stays: 5/16" (8mm)
Main upper stays: 3/8" (10mm)

For some reason I don't have a measurement for the springstay.

I have no idea how the previous owner(s) came up with the sizes, or even who did the rigging. In the end, I would be very interested in what you make for a final determination since we need to do a total rerig on Air Ops....soon!

Dave

On Jun 20, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Dave_Benjamin wrote:

Dave,

One of the other list members was kind enough to email me a diagram that I suspect may be the same as you have. I'd like to see yours, in case there's additional info, but I don't want to see you spend too much time hunting for it if it's not readily available.

The diagram confirmed my suspicion that Amel, at the time my boat was built, did not really do a good job on the rig design. There's absolutely no rationale for using the same size wire for everything except the triatic (technically it's a springstay not a triatic....)

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Dave and Merry <svairops@...> wrote:

Dave, I have it...a hand drawn original in French Amel diagram. I'll dig it out and email you a copy.

Dave
On Jun 19, 2013, at 11:15 AM, Dave_Benjamin wrote:

Does anyone have a rig plan for the older Maramu with the Isomat single spreader mainmast?

I'd especially like to know what the original wire diameters were and any other info that might be available.