Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Watermakers

Ian Shepherd <g4ljf@...>

Hi John,

I won't have time to do any tests for a few days, but I would guess that
there might also be a time delay built into the system as well to ensure a
suitable wait after the probe senses good water. This may be done for two
reasons. Firstly to ensure that any bad water in the system is flushed well
out before the valve switches, and secondly to give the system a more
certain chance of not sending bad water into the tank should the probe sense
fresh water too early due to poor conductivity through dirty probes.

Maybe the way to test it is to get the watermaker running normally with the
green light on, then short out the probe using a potentiometer or at least a
resistor, to see if the bad water light comes on or the system shuts down. I
will see what I can do, but I don't want to blow anything up! Has anyone
asked Desalinator direct yet? (dessaltator@...).

By the way, did you get the Hydra to read the magnetic wind direction yet?

Regards to Anne. K was over here for a couple of weeks recently.

Cheers

Ian