Regards
Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Jun 27, 2013, at 6:21, Paul LaFrance <pflafrance@...> wrote:

Tom
We have been travelling back and forth EastCoast/Carib for the past 10 years. We make it a practice to always secure our dingy whenever we are ashore. We use a Motorcycle cable Krypto?? with a similiar lock. about 20 feet in length. The cable is attached to the motor and run through the fuel tank and dingy bolt. We also secure the dingy at nite to the vessel and normally raise it out of the water using the mizzen halyard. Keeps the bottom clean also. Remember this is your car and we always lock it up. We note that thieves normally only want the motor so it is also prudent to secure the motor with a lock across the turning bolts. We secure the fuel tank as there have been cases where the fuel is stolen only due to the cost of petro. Thieves like to go for the 2 stroke engines in particular.
We are currently in Kingston, Ont. and can be contacted at 941-323-7838

Paul & Sue
SV NOMAD #362 Moored in Newport RI

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: fishert@...
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:01:58 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Locking up Your inflatable??

Hi All.

Looking for some advise as I know many of you have travelled extensively in the Caribbean and American east coast.

We are heading south from Canada next year and I'm wondering what folks are doing about securing their inflatable while on shore. Not a specific Amel Question but Any tried and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom Fisher

Sheila, Sharki #142

Kingston, Canada