Re: [Amel] HATCHES AND PORTLIGHT REPLACEMENT- MARAMU

jsrogers47 <jsrogers@...>

Hi Alex:
I have removed and resealed my forward cabin roof hatch. The hatch is secured by screws from the underside which are countersunk and concealed beneath a layer of epoxy. After removing the interior teak trim you may see a dimple as an indication of where the screws are buried, or it might take some exploratory digging. Either way the trim will cover over your work.

John Rogers
SM #105
S/V It's Good
South Bristol, ME

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, woods deborah <woodsdeborah_56@...> wrote:

Alex

We have replaced all the plexiglass to the side panel windows and the hatches.
John is sailing in Ireland at the moment He will be back tomorrow and I will get
him to give a more comprehensive reply. However it was not to difficult we used
sicaflex UV adhesive and loads of baby wipes to wipe off the excess. John made
up a tool to help tightened the screws in the side panels which is really a two
man job.The windows have now been in for two seasons with no problems

Deb and John

Orion1
Maramu #42