[Amel] Re: John-- Motor lifting block on mizzen boom

islandbwoy4434

Thank you Richard.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Richard03801 <richard03801@...> wrote:

Hi there is a halyard that has it's block at just below the
Mizzen spreader. That is the lifting line it goes over the open block on the mizzen boom.
Bring the dink along the starboard side, move the traveler over and slack the sheet. Drop the line down attach the motor. Lift the motor using the main sheet winch. When it clears the rails swing it back over the aft lazerett and lower. There is a 'block' receiver and a prop well in the floor.
Hope this helps.
You can use the same tactic with man over board rescue.

Regards
Richard Piller
Fairbanks Yacht Group llc
Cell 603 767 5330

On Jun 29, 2013, at 11:52, "islandbwoy4434" <terencesingh@...> wrote:

Can someone please educate me as to how this block is rigged on the Mizzen to hoist an Engine in and out of the rear locker? I am interested in the configuration on the Mizzen mast and which winches are used.

Thanks in advance,

Terry & Dena
Libby. SM#196