Re: [Amel] Yanmar ground solenoid.. Inox

Chen Melamed

טוב לראות אותך בפורום

-----Original Message-----
From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of lior 555
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 10:12 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel] Yanmar ground solenoid.. Inox

Telephone: 335 5589 0311
Fax: 335 5589 0311
Mob: 230 728 7799
Email: inox@...

And to see a list world wide

http://www.inox-mx3.com/inox.htm

--- In amelyachtowners@..., lior 555 <lior246@...> wrote:

Hi Alan

I searched in google for INOX and did not find anythithing. Can you maybe
write me where in Europe ist it possible to purchase it?

Thanks
Lior

2013/7/6 alan_leslie_elyes_sm2k <divanz620@...>

**

Hi Danny,

I understand what you are saying here, but I would NEVER use WD40 on
anything that I wanted not to corrode. WD40 might be fine at
dispersing the
water initially , but its chemical makeup makes it hydrophilic (ie it
attracts water), better in my humble opinion to use a product that it
is
intrinsically hydrophobic (ie repels water) like INOX...I don't carry
WD 40.
If you want to test the theory, get an old rusty tool, wire brush all
the
rust off it, spray it with WD40 and in 6 months I guarantee it will be
rusty again...do the same with INOX and it will be a looooong time
before
you see any signs of rust again.

Cheers from Port Vila
Hi to Yvonne

All the best
Alan
SY Elyse SM437

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@
wrote:

Hi All,
these sort of problems arise from corrosion in our salt laden
atmosphere, any electrical connection is vulnerable. The answer is to
liberally and regularly spray all connections, alternators and electric
engines in the engine room with WD40 or in NZ CRC 5.56. (It feels
strange
to spray a liquid into an electric motor but it works) Avoid rubber
componants as much as possible (not vital) DO NOT use lubricant
enhanced
products, as these may be electrically conductive with resultant
issues.
They may be longer lasting in stopping rust but that is not our issue
hereÂ
WD 40 (WD = water dispersant)Â It gets in below and replaces it.
Regards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl
Currently Ovalau Island FijiÂ