Re: 4jh3hte engine oil cooler.

seafeverofcuan <seafeverofcuan@...>

Hi Eric,
It is easy enough to remove but it probably is only worth doing if you are having the turbo checked out as well. Just like the O rings for the heat exchanger end caps, the engine oil cooler requires NEW copper washers for the banjo fittings when re-installing.
It would be preferable to have a means to pressure test it for leakage and in my case that meant taking it to a shop.
Regards,
Trevor
Seafever

--- In amelyachtowners@..., kimberlite@... wrote:

I just took a look at the oil cooler after reading the article yesterday. it looks like a lot of work to remove. has anyone else opened up the cooler and cleaned it out. I have about 4400 hours on my engine
eric
sm 376